For these types of situations you need to lock your pen-drive with password. On internet lots of paid as well as free software available to secure your pen-drive. But today I’m going to you that how you can password protect your pen-drive without any software.
- Insert your USB drive
- Click on Start
- In ‘Search programs and files’ box, type Bitlocker Drive Encryption
- Now click it to open. You will find your pen-drive in last and click on Turn on Bitlocker
- Select password to unlock your
- type your desired password
- Click Next
- Choose save the recovery key to a file
- You can also print recovery key
- Choose the safe destination for recovery key because in case you forgot your password it will help you to unlock your USB
- and then tap Next.
- Then click on Start Encrypting.
You can by and again re-inserting the pen drive.The System will ask you to enter the password to access the data.